First off, thanks to all who lent their support and gave me their congratulations over the new job. As I said, I’m very excited and I hope that I can live up to Dave’s, and my own, expectations.
Today’s been like the last day of summer holidays preparing for a new school year, and as any teacher will tell you, the start of the year is a great time to revisit your goals and priorities.
I took a few hours this afternoon to think about my career so far and there are some things that I’ve been good at, and want to keep going, and there are some things that I’ve struggled with a bit. So here we are:
- Excellence in execution. To make everything I do as good as it can be
- To eradicate mistakes in my writing. It may surprise you to realize that my first drafts can be hit or miss. Lisa, you may want to jump in here!
- To add strategic value to all of my accounts and new business initiatives
- To improve my working knowledge of technology. Even back in the UK working on tech accounts, I’ve always had more of a big picture view of why to use software, as opposed to how. Now I need to get my head around producing podcasts and html programming
- Continue to be active in the social media network. This means I’ll be reading as much as possible, leaving comments, posting regularly and you may even hear me on some podcasts as well
- To conceive and implement two truly innovative ideas within 12 months
- To continue to show passion and commitment in all that I do
Thanks to Paull for inspiration on this one.
Do you represent a laptop manufacturer or retailer? Do you want your logo here? If you do, please email me!