Project management

Buried in a long, and worthwhile post on his first cloud application, Matthew Stibbe has two gems.

First, on budgeting for your project:

You can have any two of fast cheap or good.

Second, on scheduling:

The first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% of the project takes the other 90% of the time.

via How to build your own cloud application – Bad Language.

One Response to Project management

  1. It’s the truth. I spent ten years in software development and I still have the scars!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: