There’s plenty of great blogs out there but the one’s I pay special attention to are from the people I admire or want to emulate. John Ellett from nFusion Group has a list of his five favourite CMO blogs.
- Nigel Dessau: Hosted on the AMD blog site, Nigel shares his insights on the business in a personal way. But he also writes separate blog called The Three Minute Mentor, which contains quick, career-related advice and offers answers to common questions.
- Sam Decker: Soon-to-be former CMO of BazaarVoice, Sam shares his insights on social commerce and digital marketing.
- Jim Davis: Jim is the CMO of SAS and shares his insights on business, analytics and technology.*
- John Dragoon: When John, CMO of Novell, takes time to write a post, he really writes a thoughtful piece.
- Randall Beard: As EVP of Nielsen, Randall shares his insights from his vantage point of seeing lots of media data.
There’s also a list of the top CMOs using Twitter, produced by Social Media Marketing Magaizne.
* Disclosure, SAS UK and EMEA was one of my first ever clients in the PR industry.