Many thanks to Sean Moffit over at the always excellent Buzz Canuck for providing yet more fodder for my bloglines in the shape of his “The Power 50: Canada’s Brilliantly Crazy & Enlightened Marketing/Media Bloggers” list.
My bloglines is now overflowing and, with more than 100 new entries when I sat down for work this morning, is now in need of a good purge once I get used to the new additions.
I just hope voting for the list was all above board but I’m predicting a scandal over hanging chads after he included this blog alongside media luminaries such as Mathew Ingram, Mark Evans (whose podcast I help to produce) and Malcolm Gladwell.
There are also a number of PR colleagues on the list such as Joe Thornley, Colin McKay, Chris Clarke and Lisa Walker. Emboldened by being on the list (twice) my boss, Dave Jones, goes one step further and calls out the Toronto agencies that don’t have a presence on the list. The full list is below – hopefully I can rig the voting somehow and get in next time round as well.
In other news, tonight I’ll be meeting one half of For Immediate Release and one half of the Shel double act to hit the big Tee-dot over the next week. Kathyrn Lagden and Michael Seaton have graciously invited me for dinner with Shel Holtz tonight ahead of his appearance at an AIMS special event.
The second half of the double act, Shel Israel, hits town next Tuesday as part of the Third Tuesday meet-up. I just found out that despite competing against the Red Hot Chili Peppers, we’ve attracted more than 60 communications professionals! Wow. See you there.
The Crazy & Enlightened Marketing/Media Canuck Bloggers
- Amber Mac with Amber MacArthur
- Inside PR with Terry Fallis and David Jones
- Student PR with Chris Clarke
- Webwalker with Douglas Walker
- PR Girlz from the femme fatales at Thornley Fallis
- Participation Highway with Dave Carter
- Inside the CBC with Tod Maffin
- H&K with Lisa Walker
- Networks (H&K) with Ted Graham
- Social Signal with Alexandra Samuel
- The New Pr with Ryan Anderson
- Flack Life with Bob LeDrew
- Green Hat with Julie Giles
- Trafcom news with Donna Papacosta
- Marc Snyder (en Francais)
- PR Measure with Howard Oliver
- Martin Hofmann
- Flackadelic with Leona Hobbs
- Brendan Hodgson (H&K)
- Boyd Neil (H&K)
- Ad Hack with James Sherrett
- Chroma with Constantino Demopoulos
- Mutually Inclusive PR with Eric Eggertson
- Profectio with Dave Forde
- Canadian Marketing Association Blog ( A Collective)
- Sweet Mantra with Bill Sweetman
- Steve Hardy at Creative Generalist
- Michel Leblanc (en Francais)
- Experience The Message w/ Max Lenderman
- Blogging me Blogging You with Ed lee
- Horse, Pig, Cow with Tara Hunt
- This Blog Sits at the…with Grant McCracken
- Malcolm Galdwell
- Mark Evans
- Matthew Ingram
- Stuart Macdonald
- Buzz Marketing with Blogs with Susannah Gardner
- Tell Ten Friends with Jordan Behan
- Customer Experience Crossroads with Susan Abbott
- Darren Barefoot.com with Darren Barefoot
- 3i with Tamera Kremer
- ProPR with Joe Thornley
- One Degree with Ken Schafer and Company
- Podonomics with Leesa Barnes
- Home is Where You Hang Your @ with Michael Fergusson
- The Client Side with Michael Seaton
- Twist Image with Mitch Joel
- Canuckflack w/ Colin Mckay
- My Name is Kate with Kate Trgovac
- PR Works with David Jones
Do you represent a laptop manufacturer or retailer? Do you want your logo here? If you do, please email me!