Welcome to the “official” Blogging Me Blogging You advertising and public relations recruitment page!
Despite the recession, there are still a lot of Public Relations jobs in Toronto right now. As such, I thought it would be a good time to consolidate the jobs that have come across my inbox in one place. This is a purely altruistic decision (now!) because after my year-long search for a first job, I’m happy to help out any and all job seekers as a matter of course.
As of December 15, 2008, four people have been hired thanks to applications through this blog. While I cannot make any guarantees about interviews etc, I can guarantee I will pass your resume on to the powers that be.
Wanted: A creative, passionate and results-oriented PR professional who isn’t afraid to Instigate! DDB Public Relations, an award-winning public relations agency within a dynamic, global advertising agency, seeks a strong PR practitioner for a senior consultant position.
The ideal candidate will be action-oriented, self managed, both creative and strategic with a minimum of four years experience in an agency setting. They will possess excellent writing skills, strong media relations and social media expertise, event management experience, new business knowledge and people management skills. Experience working with home and décor, automotive brands is an asset.
The senior consultant will develop strategic and tactical initiatives and corresponding budgets for clients. They will serve as senior level media contact and can confidently provide client counsel. A strong team player and an account lead, the senior consultant will also be required to mentor junior staff.
- Media relations: approve targeted media lists, proactive media relations; contact key journalists with unique story ideas and product opportunities.
- Social media: knowledge of the social media space as it applies to public relations.
- Writing: finalize, write and approve press releases, story pitches, white papers, contributed articles and speeches.
- Event planning: strategic planning and execution, on-site orchestration of all event elements, media briefing and on-site media relations.
- Client relations and new business: lead accounts with little supervision and grow client relationship by expanding breadth of service and earning client trust through results. Provide back-up client support and seek and secure new business opportunities.
- Business management: developing, managing and tracking client budget.
- Team Lead: provide expertise and leadership to consultant and co-ordinator.
- Proficient in the use of a computer to conduct daily business and communication. Experience with Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and Filemaker.
- Experience in drinks, fashion and home and décor industries would be an asset.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please send résumé by email Martine Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
As I used to do for Public Relations jobs which crossed my desk, I’m creating a page for the community to keep updated on opportunities I’m seeing. If you have an opportunity you’d like to see listed, please use the contact form on this page.
BMBY Resources for Job Seekers:
If You’re Starting Out in PR. Focus on what makes you comfortable.
Setting Your Salary Expectations. Note: remember to move jobs for the right reasons, not just for more money. Although it always helps!
Explaining Your Career Mis-steps. Everyone makes mistakes, it’s important to demonstrate how you used your mistake to make you a better professional.
How to get the job you really want. Matthew Stibbe has the most comprehensive guide to finding a new job I have ever seen.
Updated June 24, 2010