…and brands which embody them.
Regular trends include worrying about the H1N1 flu and/or vaccine, Twitter being considered mainstream and going “green”.
Five megatrends to watch are:
Mass collaboration is powering the new economy
- The brand that gets it: Apple (app store and developer community)
Constant connectivity in an on-demand world
- The brand that gets it: Sprint (the “now network”)
Globalization: Making the world a smaller place
- The brand that gets it: Aliababa.com
Pervasive distrust in big corporations
- The brand that gets it: Ally Bank (“straightforward” is its tagline and some ad copy is: “That means talking straight, doing right and being obviously better for our customers”)
A global sense of urgency to fix the problems of a modern world
- The brand that gets it: IBM (“A smarter planet”)
For discussion: is mass collaboration the answer for pervasive distrust in big corporations? It is interesting that big corporations are deliberately using social media to both seem smaller and encourage that collaboration.
We use the following formula when explaining this stuff to clients:
Engagement = Transparency + Co-Creation
What do you think?